Skip to main content

Stepping In

What's the maxim? Never begin a relationship with someone you work with! 

Fair. 

But sometimes you just have to Step In and see where things lead. Maybe things will lead to a sushi dinner at Sushi Wabi or burger and fries at some greasy spoon or a meaningful evening in each other's arms. You just have to Step In and find out. 

It's risky. Yeah and so is leaving your home. Shit happens; but good shit happens once in a while, and that's the shit you want. The key here is you have to want it. 

"What do you need?" he asked me, today at work. "Because I'm willing to give it to you. I don't know how much more I can show this to you."

I want a lot of things: I want better manners; smarter decisions; tastier grocery store fruit; 36 hour days; more competent co-workers; better investments; more time with my family (sans cousins); my sister to be okay; less cramping; more women to utilize the sanitary bags in the bathroom to dispose of their feminine products; less crappy television; better books; more journaling; more hot soup. 

However, the things I need are simple: I need to be free; to be human; to be in love, even if it's with something like good deeds. I need someone with bigger hands than mine to hold me, caress me, be a fucking cliché with me. I need...love of a different kind. Not the kind that Jan gives me or Viv or even Diana's sparse love. The love I'm missing is the kind that makes me fall asleep feeling chock-full of bliss; the kind of love I plan my weekends around. 

I want a lot of things, but I only need a few things. 

I'm a little scared to start a relationship with someone who already knows whether I shave or not. I've already opened a very intimate part of myself to him, but he doesn't know the part that I give to the man I love. Sure, he can have all my sex, but my love, my real time, that takes more than making me squirt a hundred times in one night. Sometimes you do have to Step In, but sometimes you have to make sure you're not stepping into something unsavory. So I guess I'm checking my shoes. He'll have to wait.

Popular posts from this blog

Broiling Alive

Some of you might not be aware of this but Chicago has morphed into the fiery pits of Hell, with atrocious sunburned feet to boot. See, this is why I hate summer, for this exact reason. Why do people insist on wearing flip flops in the sun? I can't tell you how many hundreds of sunburned feet I witnessed just last week alone. Jan managed to drag Diana and me to the beach on Sunday, where we both proceeded to bake and die immediately. Jan didn't care -- he was busy working on his "sex tan." You know, the kind where there's a dramatic tan line around the hips. The Swedes sure know how to tan, don't they? you would think with them being Nordic that they would just burn to a crisp, but no -- golden brown goodness all the time. This weekend, Diana's apartment was a cooling center. We conked out with old Glamours and iced raspberry-lemon tea. I don't know why Diana is afraid to throw away magazines. I swear there is a 1997 issue of Glamour with some supe

Milestone

We finally had sex. Real sex. The kind that leaves you sleepy, exhausted, and tingly throughout the night. I showed up to his apartment, carrying Elexa freshening cloths and condoms. I came ready to go on an adventure, the adventure he promised me.  An adventure it was.    The sex lasted hours. We started at 7 P.M., and ended (by falling asleep in front of his fire place) at around midnight. He tapped into every sexual zone -- toe sucking, massage, and even restraining me while he had his way with me (really loved that!). I was thoroughly orgasmed! Absolutely NO NEED to frake .  He was fascinated by my ability to squirt. He even stopped mid-thrust to examine the liquid. "It's not pee," I said. He looked at me as though I'd insulted him. "I don't care if it is. What does it feel like?" I urged him to continue thrusting and I would describe the process as it happens.  But you'll have to wait to read the rest, I've got a ton of laundry to do. I j

Dangerously Candid

I'm afraid of The Zaftig Chronicles, for it has made me a new woman. I have tapped into a part of me that wants to expose the fondest of memories and the most tragic ones as well. This blog entices me to be free. This morning's post is something I thought I'd never share, but I felt compelled to get it out of my head. It wasn't a post to offer insight into my life, but a release for me. And I want to do more. Being candid can be addictive . Stephanie Klein has discovered this first-hand. And now I understand the power and healing behind being dangerously candid.