Skip to main content

Streets of (Sauza) Gold

So Jan and I decided we needed the cool air of night to satisfy our need to feel drunk in nature. A bottle of Sauza Gold, two perfectly sliced green limes snug in a Ziplock bag, a mini salt shaker, and an mp3 player with one pair of headphones, and we were ready to go outside and get drunk. Before we left, we loaded my iPod with plenty of Nina Simone and made a pact that at midnight we'd each get an earphone and listen to "Feeling Good." And we were feeling oh-so-good. I was cold, but the heat in my chest felt erotic -- thanks to Nina's sultry raw voice in my ear and the host of fine-looking males passing us by. It was all driving me over the edge. "I need to masturbate," I screamed. Jan hushed me and snatched the chewed lime peel from my mouth. I love hanging out with a controlled drinker. No matter how much Jan drinks, he never gets fully drunk. Me? Well...I think kicking off a pair of $250 shoes and telling a cab driver to run them over seems pretty out of control.

"Get her therapy!" shouted the cab driver, before swerving around my shoes.

I'm sure I yelled back, "Eat my therapy!"

How irresponsible of me to be drunk in public, right? Not really. It's fun when you don't want to do the club scene or deal with snobby parties on the North Shore. Just go outside walking, jamming on your iPod, with a close, like-minded friend. It's exhilarating.

Anyway, just got home and I am sobering up -- thanks to a cheap cup of coffee from a 24-hour diner. That's all it takes for me. Jan's in the shower, singing in Swedish; and I'm sprawled out naked on the floor, on my laptop, writing this, and waiting for my turn to bask in the glory of soap and hot water. Then we're going to bed...together. I think I'll masturbate before five a.m. Ha! That's not something I usually need to do when lying in bed with a man. But....

Popular posts from this blog

Broiling Alive

Some of you might not be aware of this but Chicago has morphed into the fiery pits of Hell, with atrocious sunburned feet to boot. See, this is why I hate summer, for this exact reason. Why do people insist on wearing flip flops in the sun? I can't tell you how many hundreds of sunburned feet I witnessed just last week alone. Jan managed to drag Diana and me to the beach on Sunday, where we both proceeded to bake and die immediately. Jan didn't care -- he was busy working on his "sex tan." You know, the kind where there's a dramatic tan line around the hips. The Swedes sure know how to tan, don't they? you would think with them being Nordic that they would just burn to a crisp, but no -- golden brown goodness all the time. This weekend, Diana's apartment was a cooling center. We conked out with old Glamours and iced raspberry-lemon tea. I don't know why Diana is afraid to throw away magazines. I swear there is a 1997 issue of Glamour with some supe

Morning Angst, Vol. 2: Things I'm Out Of

I love this shampoo . It's only $19, and it keeps my color looking fabulous between appointments.Plus, it smells so good. Aromatherapy for sure. It's summer. Clinique's Happy is the quintessential summer scent. Must refill quickly. Who doesn't want to smell like ruby red grapefruit this time of year? I think being out of my Stila's lip gloss is the most devastating thing. The poor tube is all rolled up, with sharp edges. I'm seriously thinking of taking a pair of scissors to it, and using my fingers to scrape the sides. Desperate. But for work, this cheap pot of sweet goop will have to do. I once owned twenty-three (I counted) of these lip glosses at one time. It's a cheap fix at only $1.99 Work.

Showing Off...Again

Within minutes of coming to work, I was in His office giving him another eyeful. "I thought about you all night long," He said, while wanting to touch me. I didn't let him. "I'm in your office way too much. People are going to know something," I said. He didn't care. We hugged for a long time; me getting a deep whiff of his sexy cologne. Then we reluctantly separated.  "See me before you leave?" I nodded. What's the deal? Is this strictly an office thing? Is this where the excitement lives? Sure it all feels good, but what's really going on here?